5 Tips for Keeping Your Sanity (and Cash) While Promoting
Hey everyone! Make sure to stop by the My Books section to see an excerpt from Techno Crazed! I hope you all enjoy it. Also, I’m guest blogging at Gabriella Hewitt’s about The DO’s and DON’Ts of Caring for Gnomes. Stop by and say hi!
Now on to the topic. I’ve been on my blog tour for a little over a week now, and I have several more stops to go. How hard is it to have a little under twenty stops in a single month as well as hitting other venues? Whoa… just… whoa… I’m amazed at others who handle it effortlessly without breaking a sweat. (Although, between us, I haven’t met a person like that.)
So, how about those tips?
- Check out blogs you enjoy reading and fit with the genre or theme of the book you’re promoting and ask to guest blog, if they do that. Blog tours only cost time and effort. No money involved.
- Review sites like Romance Reader at Heart, Love Romances Cafe, Coffee Time Romance, Night Owl Reviews and The Romance Studio (among others) tend to have free promotional opportunities. Sometimes, they also have special opportunities like Release Parties or chances to do pure shameless promo.
- If you’re like me and have to think long and hard about blog topics, go for interviews at some of your blog tour spots. Yes, you run the risk of having several places ask the same questions, but they’re also a breath of fresh air when you’re scrambling for ideas.
- As much as you want to saturate the internet with your presence for the book release, you have to know your limit. It’s not a good idea to sign up for more than you can handle and then have to cancel some of your spots because you realize you’ve over-committed.
- If you do decide to get a paid cover ad/banner ad/etc, do your research and figure out where you feel will be the best place(s) instead of dishing out a ton of money for several places. Also, ask others who have done it before, they might have interesting information to help you decide.
Do you have any advice when it comes to keeping your sanity and money while promoting?